CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Race day

OK. I realize I lied about posting more last night, but cut me some slack, I was at school past 1 a.m. working on stories and posting them.

After a three-hour nap, I'm back at the tracks, damaging my ear drums because I enjoy the sounds of the cars as they speed past.

Again, Tiffany and I are in our favorite seats in front of the announcers, between the Imperial Capital Bank bridge and the Toyota bridge. That's the corner of Linden Avenue and Shore Drive for those of you not farmiliar with the track. For those of you unfarmiliar with Long Beach, use a map.

The drivers are speeding around the 1.97 mile track at speeds of about 92 mph.

Before the race, I was able to interview Kevin Lacroix, the 19-year-old who finished fifth in the qualifying session yesterday.

Lacroix seemed optimistic about today's race. He said he finished second this morning during the practice run.

Lacroix started racing at age 6, in go-karts. He's now 19. And yes, that makes me feel old.

Lacroix has been racing well thus far, keeping in the top five.

The race just ended, Simona De Silvestro finished in first, Lacroix finished in third.

I'll post the rest of the results when I get them.

I'm off to the winners' circle, then to get a free lunch.

0 comments: