CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life is good when you're in the pits

I still can't believe I'm here. Someone should pinch me.

With the credentials around my neck and ugly blue vest on my back I've been able to go just about everywhere.

I've stood in the pits next to drivers of the Champ Car Series, I've talked to drivers from the American le Mans Series and rubbed elbows with Atlantic Series drivers.

I was within inches of Jamie Little and Mike Skinner, the winners of the Pro/Celebrity race. I just barely missed being sprayed by champagne.

So far, this has been one of the most exciting weekends of my life. I've already taken enough pictures to fill 1gb of memory. The best will be posted here.

On Thursday I had the exciting experience of meeting Parnelli Jones and Mario Andretti.

Friday was thrilling as I stood with a couple feet of concrete and a chain fence between me and cars racing at about 100mph.

It's hard to put into words exactly how I feel. Right now the cars of the American Le Mans series are racing in front of me as I sit in the announcer booth. It's too exciting to really focus on blogging, but I'll be back later tonight with qualifying results and final results.

0 comments: