CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vintage chic

It's always nice to have family and friends with great taste. Recently, I was fortunate enough to acquire a new-old pairs of shoes from my aunt. These shoes, made by RE-MIX are reproductions of a 1940s style and they are basically amazing. Until I have an occasion to wear them, I will continue to wear them around my house. Compared to some of my other heels, these ones are quite comfortable. Besides, a vintage look adds something extra to an otherwise ordinary outfit.

The same can be said for vintage cars. You might feel like your life is a little drab. Daily routines can become bland and without that something extra, you'll fall right into a rut. A classic car could be the cure. Unfortunately, classic cars can be quite pricey to own. So do the next best thing -- the auto version of window shopping -- check out the classic cars, hot rods, street machines, muscle cars and trucks at the GoodGuys 3rd Meguiar's Orange County Get-Together.

With more than 2ooo cars to look at, you can live vicariously through other people for the cost of a ticket -- $15 in case you were wondering. And at this event, you can do more than look at the cars in park.

The 3rd Meguiar's Orange County Get-Together will feature an autocross event. That's right, at the fairgrounds a street course will be set up for drivers to test their skills and spectators to spectate. Personally, I've never been to the OC Fair and Event Center, so I can't really describe what the course will look like, but who doesn't love seeing cars go fast? Especially cars that people have put so much time, money, effort and heart into.

Of course, along with all the hot cars will be a variety of vendors and exhibits and those are always fun to check out. You might even get to see a Sham-WOW!

If you're in the Southern California area, you should go check out the event, I already checked the forecast, sunny skies and mild temperatures! I think I might even wear my new-old shoes.

0 comments: