CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time for a makeover and Peggy Lee update

OK, OK. So I haven't blogged since November. But cut me some slack, I had finals, then enjoyed a wonderful vacation where I didn't think about school or anything related to school -- and that includes this blog originally started for the purpose of publication in my campus newspaper.


Now I'm in my last semester of college and sadly taking 18 units with an internship, so my posts might again be sporatic, but I'll try to be good. There are a lot of exciting things coming up this spring.


First, I should tell you, I'm changing the focus of this blog. Actually, it's more accurate to say I'm splitting the purpose. While bringing you my views on the automotive industry, I'll also be focusing on classic cars, including updates on my own Mustang.


Now that I feel like I've covered the administrative stuff associated with blogging, on to the interesting part of the post!


If any of you are confused by the title, I'm not delusional. I know Peggy Lee the singer died seven years ago. I am talking about my 1965 Mustang, whom I have named Peggy Lee -- yes, after the singer. What can I say? That car gives me fever.


Picking up where I left off, after winning the car, I had to sadly go back to Long Beach and back to school. Everyone asked where my car was and some didn't even believe I won until I showed people pictures/articles/the winning key -- which I take everywhere with me for luck.


My parents were able to go over to the Good Guys headquarters and pick the car up. Meanwhile I was itching for a chance to go home and sit behind the wheel again.


That chance came when I went home for Thanksgiving. I got home, hugged my car, and then went inside the house to say hello to everyone. On clear days, when driving conditions were ideal, I drove the car whenever I could, even Thanksgiving Day, before people came over for dinner. Once the usual crowd showed up at my parent's house, I couldn't wait to offer people rides -- keyword being rides, as I don't let many people drive my car. It was great for me to be able to show off my car and drive it around town, sadly since it was a holiday, not many people were out to oogle her.


Thanksgiving break is never long enough. I didn't feel like I got to spend enough quality time with Peggy Lee, so I started counting down until winter break.

As the weather got worse, my dad bought a cover for Peggy Lee, to shield her from the elements.

After what felt like an eternity, I finished my exams and headed back to the Bay Area. Since I got home after dark, I knew I would have to wait one more day before I could uncover my Mustang. But that's exactly what I did Saturday morning.

Sadly, Saturday afternoon the clutch burned out on Peggy Lee. My older sister was driving at the time, and while I was mad at her when it happened, it wasn't entirely her fault. So with the help of my sister, her friend and my dad, we pushed Peggy home. It took the whole family to get her into our sloped driveway.

And that's where she sits today. My dad occasionally runs the engine to keep things working, but Peggy hasn't seen the streets since Dec. 20. I'm hoping to get her back to driving conditions as soon as possible.

That's the Mustang news, check back soon as the Good Guys car show season starts in Orange County in March -- more information on that is coming soon -- and the countdown to the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach will commence in the upcoming weeks.

As far as my next post goes, I'm hoping to spark your interest with the line of electric MINIS cruising different cities.




0 comments: